Saturday, October 4, 2008

We're Coming to America










Yes!!! We have finally made it back home. The journey was long and trying but we made it. Aubrey only cried for a few minutes on the plane. She needed to go to the bathroom but the "lavatories" on the plane were too frightening. We passed immigrations with no problems, as soon as we stepped beyond their center Aubrey became a US citizen. It took along time to get through all the lines in Detroit but as we finally made our way to the exit, we all braced ourselves for the 58 degree weather.












Instead, we were still in the airport at a receiving area. I could not believe my eyes to see both of my sisters, and niece Emma, waiting there for us. At the sight of my sisters, my closest friends and confidants, I finally broke down and began to cry. Tears of happiness and relief to be back on American soil. All of the following photos are because they both took off work to greet their new niece, and welcome their family back home. I love you two more than words can express. ( Notice that Aubrey is 3 years old, Emma is 18 months).







Aubrey was thrilled to see our car, but did not approve of the car seat. We have since taken many short car trips that have gotten her used to "Aubrey's seat". She now points to the front door and the van, ready to go at any time.





We are adjusting to Daisy. Each day we hear new screams as Aubrey is completely terrified of the dog. Poor Daisy lopes off with her ears down and tail between her legs, I'm sure Daisy is thinking "I am not an animal". All of your prayers have worked in the past 3 weeks, how about a few more. I need for Aubrey to come to terms with Daisy, that great big dog is part of our family too. I can't return phone calls, get the luggage out of the dining room or pay bills as Aubrey needs me to hold her constantly. Of course I will not put her down, God knows I've waited 2 1/2 years for her. So be warned any visitors, my house is a mess! I'm a mess! But we are home safely and that is all that counts.

No comments: