Monday, November 3, 2008

Ladybug's Halloween

First Peanutbutter cup


Helping rake leaves

Aubrey in Baba's glasses

Surprise

First, Thank the Heavens, we received Aubrey's Memory Book on Halloween morning. I was so thrilled. Dave's sister, Jean, and her husband Stephan were here to celebrate with us.

Aubrey in Emperor's cap

We carved pumpkins and got into costume. Aubrey had the choice of her Chinese lion hat and dressing in red or being a ladybug. She chose to be a ladybug. Prior to donning her costume she tried on my witch wig and decided having hair was great. She fussed as it tangled on her little fingers but refused to take the wig off. I finally had to grab the mess the wig had become and hide it. I thought she was gorgeous with hair, but she is beautiful even when she is having a full blown temper tantrum as well.

Gabe's alive and well!



Long Hair, so cute.

Aubrey loved trick or treating. She learned very quickly that people were handing out candy. She ran from house to house screaming "CANDY!" Of course she remembered to clasp her hands, bow her little head and say "thank you" to everyone. People though this was so cute they gave her twice as much candy. Aubrey has the Aldrich sweet tooth, but for now she seems to like fruit flavored sweets over chocolates.







Candy!!!!!!!!



Saturday, Uncle Patrick sent a wonderful package to Aubrey. She found the cutest Mandarin jacket, an I love NY tee-shirt written in Chinese characters, and some wonderful books. I got some beautiful pictures of her in the setting sun with her new clothes on. She is precious.



So beautiful


Just as an update, Aubrey is now the boss of Daisy. Poor Daisy didn't stand a chance. Aubrey also tries to boss Mama and her brothers. She doesn't get away with her shouting at me. She has learned very quickly to stop screaming and say please. I have learned her personality and her mannerisms. She really is a cute and sweet little girl, and amazingly smart!

2 comments:

Ferne said...

Aubrey, you are the cutest little ladybug I've ever seen! Great pictures of the season, and good to see Gabe, too. Thanks for making my day. Love, from Nanna

Faye said...

Hi Nikki,
My name is Faye and I am Jean's friend in Ohio. I must say that your Aubrey is adorable. I was reading your story and looking at your pictures and it just takes me back to China. I have a sweet girl from Guangdong Province (Alex) and am in the process of adopting Abby who is special needs and from Hubei. Jean has been telling me all about you. It is a truly amazing and wonderful experience. I can't wait to go back.
Please check out my blog if you'd like.

www.twiceuponatime2007.blogspot.com

I am going to add you to my favorites so I can check your progress.

I too had signs along the way. My biggest ones were that Alex and I share the same birthday and Abby shares a birthday with a very very close friend of mine. God is amazing, isn't he.

Wishing you many many blessings
Faye