Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mandarin Lessons


Trying to learn Chinese on the fly. Should have done the Rosetta Stone program. Anyway, we are slowly finding ways to communicate. I was previously told that my daughter was going to have me wrapped around her little pinky. Guess what. That is exactly what has happened. When she has hold of something, she will not let it go. She can only point with her pinky finger for what she wants. Baba (me) is her servant.


She loves bacon, tomatoes, eggs, and congee (still not sure what that stuff is - rice gruel?) She has a temper! And she hates bath time!


We are definitely bonding very well. She is mostly smiles today. Especially when hitting Baba upside the head with a ball!

Hot is not a good word for the weather. Take the humidity from FL and put it in AZ then turn up the temp. Uhhgg! We did get to visit a temple and were allowed to take a few pics.



3 comments:

M.Moore said...

I'm so happy to hear that Aubrey is bonding so nicely with you guys.
I bet you're looking forward to getting her back to Indiana so the rest of the family friends can finally meet her.

God Bless ...
Mary Ann

Julia said...

Hey I know that dress. :>) I have a couple more for you. Gosh I love to sew. She looks so happy. I can't until you come home.

www.trawickclan.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I can see Aubrey blossoming before my eyes in those beautiful pictures! What a contagious smile! I love the peanut butter in the background of the pictures! Are you able to sustain yourselves on that? I wish I could send some of our great weather your way! Take care, Meg