Thursday, September 18, 2008

Table for Six Please

It's final. We are now a family of 6. In Chinese tradition, the number 6 means "smooth and easy." The only thing smooth yesterday was the floor in the room where she was handed over to us. It was a cold, isolating place in which Aubrey was terrified.

She cried for 3 hours straight, which we were hoping for. This was a great sign that she was able to form attachments and be able to form more in her future. It was very surreal. It was nothing as I would have imagined. Right now she is a mama's girl. At rare moments, Aubrey will let baba (me) hold her until mama gets her shoes on. Then it's back to mama. That's ok. She will get used to me eventually. She is starting to smile a little today. Last night, she laughed after she burped. I guess she will fit in perfectly with three boys.




Thank you all for such supportive and thoughtful comments. They have meant alot!

I tried to add a few extra pics for you to enjoy. Tomorrow I will try some video.



6 comments:

Ferne said...

Wonderful pictures. With your love and patience, everyday will get a little easier for Aubrey. Before long, Chris will have her coloring beautiful pictures. Love you all. Ferne

Julia said...

I'm so glad you you know the routine. I'm also glad she had a meltdown. That is such a great sign. She is going to be fine. I'm getting so excited about Y'all coming home I can't stand it. Abigail is ready as well. She keeps saying "Aubrey is "my" friend" to her sister. Kids

Hugs
www.trawickclan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a beautiful angel you've been given. The Blessed Mothers (Mary and Kwan Yin) have done well. Talk about a match made in Heaven. Just remember..."All is well." Love to you and my new niece Aubrey.

Many blessings from Aunt Jean

Meg said...

Nikki, you look absolutely radiant holding your daughter! Congrats to the whole family. Thanks for sharing the special pictures. Safe travels home. Take care, Meg and family

Unknown said...

Your pictures made me cry. Nice to be crying happy tears!!!!!!! God bless all of you. I can't wait to meeeet Aubrey!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family. I cried when I saw your pictures. How nice to cry happy tears. God Bless all of you. I can not wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!